Who we are
Wind & Sun was established in 1984. Since that time, the business has grown to an international level, with clients from all over the world.
We have gained a reputation for expertise based on extensive hands on experience at the forefront of the renewables industry, developing many new applications.
Wind & Sun offer a complete distribution service, including:
- Help with product selection
- Installation support
- System trouble shooting
- Training and product knowledge
Why choose Wind & Sun?
- You can benefit and have confidence in a company with over 30 years of experience in renewable energy.
- You can work with one of the most respected companies in the industry.
- You can gain access to experience and knowledge of world leading manufacturers.
- You can get money saving tips and advice to help you gain business
Why we are different
- 30+ years experience you can utilise
- You can call us or visit us
- Technical support you can trust
- We helped to create the renewables industry you see today
Who we work with
Our customers range from: Installation companies, utilities, large corporations and municipal authorities to charities, NGO’s and educational establishments.
Our suppliers are chosen based on:
- Financial stability
- Environmental credentials
- Quality and reliability of products
- Good business & personal relationships
We choose the best equipment from the world’s leading manufacturers to ensure your satisfaction!
Distributors that are not your competition
Founded in 1984, we have pioneered many applications including installing the UK’s first grid connected solar powered house. We no longer install ourselves, but act as distributors supporting a nationwide network of installers.
You get the value of:
- Reliable supply and prompt delivery
- Cost effective quality products
- Consistent availability and supply
- Latest innovations
- Professional service
- Expert support, based on experience
- Customer satisfaction
We have unique experience with remote power applications, most notably including development of award winning island ‘mini-grid’ systems. These systems are operating successfully, and are making use of battery energy storage plus a range of renewable sources to provide their residents with a reliable and sustainable 24-hour power supply.
Wind & Sun are certified for both ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 for "Renewable energy distribution and installation".
These certifications acknowledge the professional standards we set at Wind & Sun and ensure that our customers consistently receive high standards of service and quality.
Descriptions of equipment on this site have been kept to a minimum. Individual data sheets for most products - giving a fuller description - are available in the 'Resources' tab on the tables by each product description. If you have any questions about the products or their application just ask.
Wind and Sun have extensive contacts, so most requirements can be catered for, or specific enquirers pointed in the right direction. We ourselves have used (and lived with) many of the systems and items of equipment listed, so advice is based on 'hands on' experience of the benefits and potential pitfalls of renewable energy.