Every effort is made to ensure that products purchased and suppliers used by Wind & Sun operate in a sustainable manner to minimise deleterious effects upon the environment.
- Use of recycled paper, envelopes, boxes and packaging or products made from local sustainable wood are our preferred choice.
- Wind & Sun Ltd try to support local shops and buy local produce as this helps to keep money within the local economy.
- Fair-trade, organic food and drink are obtained where possible.
- Wind & Sun Ltd use Ecover cleaning and washing products and environmentally benign paint to reduce the amount of harmful chemicals.
- Wind & Sun ensure that all products that we sell are safe and fit for purpose.
- Wind & Sun try to ensure that all products we sell have no detrimental effects on the environment.
Embodied Energy from Production
Embodied energy is the energy used to produce something and then transport it
- Many of our suppliers use renewable power in their processes.
- Renewable energy equipment generates more energy over their lifetime than they use.
To influence our suppliers to support sustainable practices, a questionnaire, asking about their policy on sustainability issues, will be sent out, along with a copy of this policy.
Why we've chosen our suppliers:
REC PV Modules: REC's factory has a large solar PV system.
SMA Inverters: All the SMA inverters are produced in a net zero carbon factory in Germany. Find out more
SEN Mounting Systems: SEN's factory has a large solar PV system.