This system combines automatic load control with energy storage and gives flexibility to both new and existing PV systems as various size battery storage capacities are possible. Either lead-acid or lithium-ion batteries can be used to achieve maximum home power generation and the highest possible consumption of your own power.
Loads can be switched on or battery charged during times of peak generation and power taken from the battery at night or to meet power surges.
Both single phase and three phase systems are possible.
- Capability to upgrade almost any PV system
- Flexible battery, type anbd capacity options
- Automatic load control
- Self-consumption is maximised
Additional cost to end user from ~ £5,500 + Vat (compared to normal PV system)
The system consists of
- A Sunny Boy solar inverter - to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.
- A Sunny Island inverter/charger - to convert 48 VDC (battery power) to 230V AC (grid power) and vice versa.
- Sunny Island Speedwire data module for communication.
- Batteries - to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed. Lead acid or lithium ion.
- Sunny Home Manager & SMA Energy Meter for monitoring and control of the system - to make a more efficient system and give you information on the distribution of energy.
- G59/3 relay
- Cabling and switchgear - for efficient and safe operation
Typically a battery store of approximately 5kWh (~200 Ah 48VDC) usable storage might be required. Gel batteries are a good choice for low maintenance and safe installation in a house. Lithium Ion batteries offer optimum performance and space savings.
|Solar Panels for renewable generation.|
|Solar Inverter to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.|
|SMA Sunny Island inverter/charger - to convert 48 VDC (battery power) to 230V AC (grid power) and vice versa.|
|Batteries to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed. Any type of battery can be used.|
|SMA Sunny Home Manager to monitor and control the system. Data is also transmitted to SMA's Sunny Portal for monitoring via a browser or App giving you information on the distribution of energy.|
|SMA Energy Meter to measure export/import so the system knows when to charge/discharge the battery in order to increase self-sufficiency.|
|G59 relay required to connect battery storages systems in parallel to the grid|
|Battery & Inverter Cables|