This system combines automatic load control with energy storage and gives flexibility to both new and existing PV systems.
The SMA Sunny Boy Storage works with high voltage lithium ion batteries, this enables more efficient and lower cost components.
Loads can be switched on or battery charged during times of peak generation and power taken from the battery at night or to meet power surges.
Both single phase and three phase systems are possible.
- Capability to upgrade almost any PV system
- Automatic load control
- Self-consumption is maximised
- Low cost battery storage
Additional cost to end user from ~ £4,500 + Vat (compared to normal PV system)
The system consists of
- A solar inverter - to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.
- A Sunny Boy Storage inverter/charger - to convert battery power to 230V AC (grid power) and vice versa.
- High voltage battery - to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed.
- SMA Energy Meter
- Optional Sunny Home Manager for monitoring and control of the system - to make a more efficient system and give you information on the distribution of energy.
- Cabling and switchgear - for efficient and safe operation
|Solar Panels for renewable generation.|
|Solar Inverter to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.|
|SMA Sunny Boy Storage inverter/charger - to convert battery power to 230V AC (grid power) and vice versa.|
|BYD B-Box HV battery to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed.|
|LG Chem RESU H to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed.|
|SMA Sunny Home Manager to monitor and control the system. Data is also transmitted to SMA's Sunny Portal for monitoring via a browser or App giving you information on the distribution of energy.|
|SMA Energy Meter to measure export/import so the system knows when to charge/discharge the battery in order to increase self-sufficiency.|