SolarEdge’s StorEdge™ DC coupled storage solution allows home owners to maximize self-consumption and to enable energy independence. Unused PV power is stored in a battery and used when needed to maximize self consumption. The solution is based on a single inverter for both PV and storage.
Can be added to existing PV systems using SolarEdge inverters.
- DC coupled solution allows high system efficiency
- PV power is stored directly in the battery
- No additional conversions from AC to DC and back to AC
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
- A single inverter for both PV and on-grid storage
- Outdoor installation allows flexibility in battery location
- No special wires required - uses the same PV cables with no high voltages & currents during installation and maintenance
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to safe voltage upon AC shut down
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bill
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
- Easy access to the inverter during maintenance (outdoor installation)
The system consists of
- A SolarEdge inverter and Power Optimisers - to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels.
- A StorEdge interface unit to control battery charging.
- A high voltage battery - to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed e.g. LG Chem RESU H.
- SolarEdge Energy Meter for monitoring import/export to the grid.
- Cabling and switchgear - for efficient and safe operation
Additional cost to end user from ~ £7,000 + Vat (compared to normal PV system)
|Solar Panels for renewable generation.|
|SolarEdge Inverter to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels via the optimisers.|
|SolarEdge Optimisers to optimise each panel before the inverter, providing better solar performance and increased generation.|
|SolarEdge StorEdge™ Interface to control when to charge or discharge the battery.|
|LG Chem RESU H battery to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed. Also compatible with the Tesla Powerwall.|
|SolarEdge Electricity Meter & CT Clamps to measure export/import so the system knows when to charge/discharge the battery in order to increase self-sufficiency.|