The SolarEdge power optimiser is a DC/DC converter which is connected to each PV module. They increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each module.
The power optimisers monitor the performance of each module and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring portal.
MPPT per module allows flexible design with different orientations, tilts and module types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge Inverters, SolarEdge power optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems.
25 year optimiser warranty
SolarEdge Power Optimisers
Connected by installers to the PV module and compatible with a wide range of modules
- 25 year warranty
- Gain up to 25% more energy
- 99.5% efficient
- Removes all mismatch-losses - from manufacturing tolerances to partial shading
- Flexible system design - different panels and orientations can be utilised
- Module level monitoring
- SafeDCTM - 1V per optimiser whenever the inverter or grid is shut down
- Safety for installers and firefighters
Power Optimizer Model
|Module Power (1)||Module Voc||Typical Module Compatibility|
|P300 (2)||≤300W||≤48V||60-cell modules|
|P370 (2)||≤370W||≤60V||High power 60-cell and 72-cell modules|
|P404 (2)||≤405W||≤80V||60-cell and 72-cell, short strings|
|P405 (3)||≤405W||≤125V||Thin film modules|
|P500 (2)||≤500W||≤80V||96-cell modules|
|P505||≤505W||≤83V||High current modules including bi-facial modules|
(1) Rated STC power of the module. Module of up to +5% power tolerance allowed.
(2) Also available with a frame-mounted bracket; can be mounted in advance for quicker installation.
(3) Dual input for parallel connection of two modules; when connecting a single module to the power optimizer (in case of odd number of modules in the string) seal the unused input connectors with the supplied pair of seals
|Product Code||Description||Retail Price
|SEP300-5RM4MFS||SolarEdge 300W 48V Power Opt. MC4 0.9m cable Frame Mt (D)||£43.14|
|SEP300-5RM4MRS||SolarEdge 300W 48V Power Optimiser MC4 0.9m cable||£42.21|
|SEP370-5RM4MFM||SolarEdge 370W 60V Power Opt. MC4 1.2m cable Frame Mt (D)||£46.07|
|SEP370-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge 370W 60V Power Optimiser MC4 1.2m cable||£43.14|
|SEP404-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge Optimiser for short strings 60 or 72 cell||£46.07|
|SEP405-2RM4MRM||SolarEdge Optimiser for small strings& thin film panels.MC4||£51.10|
|SEP500-5RM4MFM||SolarEdge 500W,80V Power Optimiser MC4 0.9m cable Frame Mnt||£45.23|
|SEP500-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge 500W 80V Power Optimiser MC4 1.2m cable||£45.23|
|SEP505-5RM4MBM||SolarEdge Opt. for high current (max 14A 83V) 1.2m cable||£58.64|
SolarEdge Commercial Power Optimisers
Commercial solution connecting two modules per power optimiser, for lower installation costs.
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT), with MPPT per two modules using commercial power optimisers
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of modules mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance to partial shading and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module DC voltage shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Connected by installers to c-Si, thin-film, and high current (including bi-facial) module
|Power Optimizer Model||Module Power (1)
||Module Voc||Typical Module Compatibility|
|P600||≤600W||≤96V||2 x 60-cell PV modules|
|P650||≤650W||≤96V||2 x 60-cell PV modules|
|P730 (2)||≤730W||≤125V||2 x 72-cell PV modules|
|P800p (3)||≤800W||≤83V||Parallel connection of
2 x 96-cell 5’’ PV modules
|P850 (2)||≤850W||≤120V||Series connection of 2 x high power or bi-facial modules|
(1) Rated combined STC power of two modules connected in series (for the P800p, connected in parallel). Module of up to +5% power tolerance allowed.
(2) P730 replaced the P700; P850 replaced the P800s. Each pair can be used interchangeably and can be connected in the same string.
(3) Dual input for parallel connection of two modules; when connecting a single module to the power optimizer (in case of odd number of modules in the string) seal the unused input connectors with the supplied pair of seals.
|Product Code||Description||Retail Price
|SEP600-5RM4MRL||SolarEdge 600W 96V Commercial Power Optimiser MC4 1.8m cable||£45.23|
|SEP600-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge 600W 96V Commercial Power Optimiser MC4 1.2m cable||£44.53|
|SEP600-5RM4MFL||SolarEdge Opt.2 x 60 cells in series-land. 1.8m Frame Mt (D)||£47.35|
|SEP650-5RM4MRL||SolarEdge 650W 96V Comm. Power Opt. MC4 1.8m cable landscape||£48.06|
|SEP650-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge 650W 96V Comm. Power Opt. MC4 1.2m cable portrait||£47.35|
|SEP730-5RM4MRM||SolarEdge Opt.for 72 cell modules(2 in series portrait1.2m)||£58.64|
|SEP730-5RM4MRX||SolarEdge Opt.for 72 cell modules(2 in series landscape2.1m)||£60.31|
|SEP730-5RMLMRX||S/Edge Opt.for 72 cell mod.2 in series/lscape2.1m 0.9m input||£61.99|
|SEP800P-5RMDMBL||SolarEdge Opt.for 96 cell modules(2 in parall landscape1.8m)||£58.66|
|SEP800P-5RMDMBM||SolarEdge Opt.for 96 cells ( 2 in parallel portrait 1.2m)||£56.54|
|SEP850-5RM4MBM||SolarEdge Opt. Hpower/bi-facial, 2 in series, 120V, 1.2m cab||£56.64|
|SEP850-5RMLMBX||SolarEdge Opt Hpwr/bi-facial 2 in series 120V o/p2.1 i/p0.9m||£60.08|
|SEP850-5RM4MBX||SolarEdge Opt. Hpower/bi-facial, 2 in series, 120V, 2.1m cab||£58.66|