Jump To:REC Alpha Pure Series
A ‘best-choice’ product with strong added value
The Alpha delivers the world’s best power density of a 60-cell module, a key consideration when space is tight – like on any rooftop.
With the REC Alpha Series, customers will get over 20 percent more power from the same area and the same number of panels – or, put other way, the same energy output from less space. This reduces the Balance of System (BoS) costs. In addition to better economics, customers can also look forward to an increase in the value of their property: several studies in various countries show that a premium solar installation on the roof is adding value to the property and is a highly desired extra for home-buyers, not least due to the better energy performance rating.
REC Alpha technology boosts efficiency
Emerging from REC’s leadership in half-cut cell technology, the Alpha is built around 120 half-cut heterojunction cells (HJT) and advanced connection technology, designed by engineering experts from Germany and Singapore. With HJT, REC combines the benefits of crystalline silicon solar cells with those of thin film technologies for much higher efficiency and energy yield, even at higher temperatures.
Other product highlights:
- Versions available: with white backsheet (up to 380 Wp), as a full-black panel for stunning aesthetics (up to 375 Wp), and larger 72 series (up to 450Wp) with white backsheet and silver frame.
- REC’s pioneering and award-winning ‘Twin Panel’ design: Introduced in 2014, this delivers demonstrably better performance in shaded conditions.
- REC’s commercialized half-cut cell technology: The Alpha features high efficiency n-type mono wafers between thin layers of amorphous silicon.
- REC’s unique frame design: The 30 mm thin frame construction allows more panels per pallet, an easy installation and allows the Alpha to withstand snow loads of 7000Pa.
- Industry-leading warranty: 25-year product warranty on installations by REC Solar Professionals (otherwise 20 years), and a 25-year power output warranty.
- Even better for the environment: Manufacturing of REC Alpha solar panels requires less energy, which is further reducing the carbon footprint.
REC Alpha Pure Series
The REC Alpha Pure Series deliver high power, stunning aesthetics and minimal environmental impact.
The REC Alpha Pure is a revolutionary solar panel achieving incredible levels of efficiency, power and strength. Combined with a black frame and black backsheet the result is a full-black panel ideal for use where aesthetics are highly valued.
See: REC Alpha Pure Video
- Innovative gapless cell layout uses the entire panel surface to generate power
- Highly impressive power density of 219 watts/m², with panel power reaching 405 Wp
- Lower environmental impact
- Lead-free (RoHS compliant). Lead removed from all panel components, including cell connections, cross connectors and junction box soldering
- Energy-efficient manufacturing processes minimise carbon footprint
- 132 Half-cut cells
- HJT cells combining the benefits of crystalline silicon solar cells with those of thin film technologies for much higher efficiency and energy yield, even at high temperatures
- Split junction box spread across the middle of the panel, allowing an innovative panel design
Module dimensions: 1821 x 1016 x 30 mm
- 20 year product warranty (25 years when installed by REC Solar Professional)
- 25 year linear power output warranty
- 98% power after year 1
- Maximum annual power degradation of 0.25% p.a.
- Guarantees 92% of power after 25 years
|Product Code||Description||Retail Price
|REC-405AAPUREBLK||405Wp REC Alpha pure black series mono black frame/backsheet||£266.31|
|REC-410AA/PUREBLK||410Wp REC Alpha pure black series mono black frame/backsheet||£266.35|