SolarEdge’s 3-phase StorEdge™ storage solution allows self-consumption to be maximized and enables energy independence. Unused PV power is stored in a battery and used when needed to maximize self consumption. The solution is based on a single inverter for both PV and storage.
SolarEdge StorEdge DC Coupled System Schematic
- Ideal solution for three phase installations with battery storage.
- A hybrid inverter that connects to solar PV and 48V batteries. Suitable for indoor or outdoor installations, inverter models range from 5kW to 10kW.
- Simple installation with single inverter for managing both PV production and battery storage
- Can be installed with or without solar as DC or AC coupled battery storage
- Module-level power optimization for more power harvesting
- No special wires required - uses the same PV cables with no high voltages & currents during installation and maintenance
- PV array and battery voltage designed to reduce to safe voltage upon AC shut down
- Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data
- Smarter energy consumption to reduce electricity bill
- Remote access to inverter/battery software
The system consists of
- A SolarEdge 3-Phase StorEdge inverter and Power Optimisers - to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and control battery charging.
- A 48V battery - to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed
- SolarEdge Energy Meter for monitoring import/export to the grid.
- Cabling and switchgear - for efficient and safe operation
Additional cost to end user from ~ £7,000 + Vat (compared to normal PV system)
|Solar Panels for renewable generation.|
|SolarEdge 3-Phase StorEdge Inverter to connect the solar photovoltaic (PV) panels via the optimisers.|
|SolarEdge Optimisers to optimise each panel before the inverter, providing better solar performance and increased generation.|
|BYD LVS 48V battery to store the energy when it’s generated, for use when it’s needed.|
|SolarEdge Electricity Meter & CT Clamps to measure export/import so the system knows when to charge/discharge the battery in order to increase self-sufficiency.|